What is it like being a 0311 Marine?
Closed Thread

What is it like being a 0311 Marine?

Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be a Marine. I can thank my dad for that as he was a Marine as well with him telling me about how hard boot camp was or showing me his letters he sent home to my grandma while he was there. He joined when he was only 17 and was a squad leader in his platoon in boot camp (sorry if I am wrong) and scored a very high score on his advantage a 99.9 I think. I always looked up to my dad for that and now that I am 17 going on 18 I think it is my time to do my part as well. I can see myself doing nothing else. The job field I overlooked the most was 0311 it said they go through intense training at a place called SOI. My dad mentioned that it wouldn't be easy and that I should try and always be the best at what I do. But what I want to know is what is it like being in 0311? How do they sleep? how hard do they really train? Do you eventually get stationed on a carrier of some kind. As much of information as possible would be very appreciated.